Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Milk In my Pregnancy


In my first trimester of pregnancy, my doctor advised me to drink milk.I won't mention the milk's brand.As a preggy, I didn't like the taste even if it's chocolate flavor. It was disgusting. But I know how important it is not only for me, but for my baby as well. So I switched to other milks like, cow's milk, really! Also, I ate a lot of cereals and put milk as my alternative. One of my friend, (a mother of one) said, "It doesn't really matter if you drink or not. Our moms didn't actually drink maternal- milk in their pregnancy, did they? Even my doctor told me that."
Then again, I know the benefits that it can give us both. My baby and I. I'm in my third trimester now and hoping it isn't too late yet. My partner and I bought the milk that my OB-GYN has recommended me. I chose the plain one and drank a glass before I slept... It tastes great! I really wish I didn't listen to others' opinion that "chocolate flavor tastes better." 


Benefits of Milk 
It's an important source of vitamin D, calcium, riboflavin, protein and energy. 
It also has folic acid and DHA to help you baby's brain and body development.


Most Prescribed Milk for Pregnant women:
Anmum Materna
Enfamom
by: Esvee Jane  V. Sangalang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We really appreciate it!^^